|System Paragraphs||Content Tab|
Paragraph Types: Modules
Modules let you add specialized content to your site. Currently, there are two types of modules, Built-in and Core. When you add a module to your site, and make it active, additional paragraph types become available in the Add Paragraph popup menu.
See Module Setup for information on adding and activating modules.
Built-in modules are part of the base Webiva install and are available in every Webiva installation. Some of the more commonly used ones are Blog Module, Feed Module, and Feedback Module.
The blog module provides the ability to add one or more blogs to your system. Blogs are pieces of content that have a title, body and permalink. They can be used to add items such as News and Press Releases, as well as one or more blogs to your site.
If you add a blog module to your site, the following additional paragraphs become available on the Add Paragraph popup menu:
- Blog Categories - Lists the categories of a given blog.
- Blog Entry Detail - Displays the blog entry in its entirety.
- Blog Entry List - Displays a list of blog entries within the parameters set in the options.
- Targeted Blog Entry Detail - Allows a content type to have its own blog. For example, the user profile content type.
- User Blog List - Lists blog entries for users.
- User Blog Write Post - Allows the user to edit or create a post.
The Feed module adds support for publishing and consuming RSS feeds. The generic feed widget and paragraph also allow you to pull in arbitrary data for display on your site or in a dashboard widget.
If you add a Feed Paragraph to your site, the following additional paragraphs become available on the Add Paragraph popup menu:
- Generic Feed - Displays the content of an XML or JSON feed. An XML or JSON feed can be any format with any number of tags. Use the Site Feature menu in the Generic Feed paragraph dialog box to configure a style for the feed.
- RSS Feed Display - Displays an RSS feed. Note: The RSS feed paragraph has a default style that incorporates the standard RSS tags. This is the simplest feed to set up.
The feedback module adds support for comments, ratings, and pingbacks into your site.
If you add a Feedback Module to your site, the following additional paragraphs become available in the Add Paragraph popup menu:
- Comments - Allows users to add comments regarding a piece of content on the same page.
- Ratings - Allows users to set ratings on content that they’ve viewed.
Both of these feedback paragraphs can only be used in conjunction with other paragraphs on the same page whose page connection outputs a type of ‘content’. See Page Connections for more information.
Core modules must be installed separately but are developed and supported by the Webiva team. Core Modules are separate from the base system and have their own documentation.
Third Party Modules
Webiva also provides documentation to allow third party developers to create modules that will become available to the Webiva community. Third party modules are installed separately and supported by the third party developers.
Because modules are separate from the system core, they are described in a separate document.
For Module Documentation, see Modules
For Module Requests, see Request a Module
|System Paragraphs||Content Tab|